I founded Seedlings in 2011. This followed some 30 years experience of teaching; retreat work; youth ministry, and commitment to the work of peace and reconciliation. During my previous work experience I became aware of many individuals, organisations and communities who are searching for life and energy, but who get caught up in and frustrated by layers of bureaucracy; targets and performance indicators.
It seems that the hearts of many good people get wounded and hurt as we strive to satisfy the demands and expectations of others. Often such hurt is unintended, but I believe that by acquiring the skills of reflexion and by holding ourselves accountable to our own life vision and personal values, we can gain a strength and a compassion that is liberating to both ourselves, and to those with whom we share the sacred ground of our life experiences. While my work comes from a faith basis, it is welcoming of people and organisations from diverse faith backgrounds and those still searching for meaning in their lives.
My skills include facilitation for organisations and providing both individual and group supervision. I am a member of the International Association of Facilitators, and I am accredited supervisor for reflexive supervision.
The majority of my work is currently in the field of peace and reconciliation in the parish of Holy Cross, Ardoyne, and as Director of the nearby Tobar Mhuire Retreat and Conference Centre.
I am also engaged in a variety of service based learning projects with young people; the delivery of adult faith development programmes and facilitating community groups in developing strategic responses to areas of need.
My experience includes:
- Trustee of Ardoyne Youth Centre (2014-present)
- Member of Management Committee of Daneo Human and Spiritual Development Services (2011-present)
- Member of Amizade Community Partnerships Advisory Board (Pittsburg USA) - (2015- present)
- Member of Safeguarding Committee for Passionist Congregation, St Patrick's Province (2014)
- Director of Youth Ministry in Down and Connor diocese (1998-2011)
- Member of Youth Ministry Studies Programme Academic Board (2002-2014)
- Chair of National Committee of Diocesan Youth Directors of Ireland (2008-2011)
- Chair of Cathog, Northern Dioceses Youth Directors (2007-2010)
- Chair of Corpus Christi Youth Centre Management Committee (2004-2011)
- Chair of All Saints Youth Centre, Ballymena (2006-2011)
- Member of Ardoyne Youth Centre Management Committee (2012-present)
- Member of Organising Committee of National RE Congress, Ireland (2009-2013)
- Member of Organising Committee for Youth Space of International Eucharistic Congress (2010-12)
- Member of Youth Council for Northern Ireland (2002-2010)
- Member of Council for Adult Faith Development and Pastoral Renewal; Irish Bishops Conference (2007-2011)
- Representative for Faith Based Groups on Youthnet (2007-2011)
- Member of Youth Link NI Management Council (1998-2011)
- Member of Down and Connor Diocesan Safeguarding Committee (2005-2009)
- Teacher in both primary and second level education. Last position in St MacNissi's College, Garron Tower.
Brian McKee M.A.(Theol.); B.Ed(Hons); Adv. Dip. Management Practice; Diploma in Reflexive Supervision; Certificate in Facilitation Skills(Kinharvie Institute)